After watching this film I wanted to have a discussion of secret societies like Fraternity and Sorority societies in the United States of America and the Cambridge Apostles in the United Kingdom. But before doing that I want to represent a different view of history, one in which much of the 20th century was an exercise in social control, public relations, advertising, spinning and the creation of consensus by the newly developed technoligies of persuasion that forms the global mass media.
What is the history that was fed to us at school and in popular culture is nothing but lies and propaganda? In the light of emerging information released alter our Hollywood image of the Second World War and the tales of valour and sacrifice that feed into this dramatised disinformation. This subject of a revisionist history of the 20th century has appeared here and in the predecessor sites on Yahoo 360 and Multiply over getting on for a decade. It now seems that further evidence is coming to light that casts doubt on the 'official' account of the war and the balance of forces it represented. This video contains information which if only half true blows the official history of WWII completely out of the water, there is a lot more evidence from where this came from. In many respects the Second World War is a fiction although the death, disease, and insane destruction were all too real of course, but who was fighting whom and why is a far more complex set of questions than the official story allows for.
Somehow I don't think ANY of what we were taught in school about most of history is the truth. It's "their" version of the truth, or the truth as they would like us to believe. I have read so much over the last five years that I question everything that was ever taught to me in school. And I definitely do not believe most of what is portrayed on the news . I don't believe any of the "official" stories put out by our government anymore. I wish everyone would take time to question and to THINK....... ugh!!!
ReplyDeleteI think you are absolutely right about that Ms C we are raised on a diet of lies, deceptions and pure fantasies that have over a period of years been stripped away to leave a very different situation to what we were told was the 'truth'. What really interests me is that even after a lifetime of indoctrination, brainwashing, conditioning and mass hypnosis, indeed every technology of persuasion money can buy has been thrown at us since the day we were born and still we say, 'nah....bullshit..it didn't happen like that'. It is this remarkable fact that amazes me and confounds the mindbenders.....however clever they think they are, they just aren't clever enough.....but you are Ms C and they never bargained on that. Thanks for commenting :-)
DeleteNone of this would suoprise me. One thing I did learn about history is that history is always written by the victors and from the victors point of view. Those who win any conflict or war are never going to go out of their way to give a true and unbiast account of their recent history, they give their own version. I've not come across this film before, I'll go and see if I can find a bit more of it over on YouTube.
ReplyDeleteThanks Aaron.........
This is indeed true Loretta, but I'm not enirely sure that the mass destruction of the Second World War actually qualifies as a 'war' because the material and the ideological underpinnings were the same on all sides. To me it was not so much a war as a arms fair and a massive experiment in social psychology. Just as on 12 September 2001 I first asked myself the obvious question 'where were the interceptors?' .....so it is equally significant to me at least... when I discovered that not a single German aircraft in the 1940s would have taken off were it not for the fuel additive the production of which was exclusively by Standard Oil of New Jersey.....No planes, no tanks.....nothing of Hitler's mechanised war machine would have gone anywhere without Standard Oil products.
DeleteDuring the Third Reich Germany relied heavily upon synthetic gasoline first developed during the Great War, both the Allies and the Axis ran on Standard Oil and it didn't stop there.
As Germany’s war preparations got under way, I.G. Farben, a company with extensive cross-investments in both Standard Oil and General Motors, acquired the crucial synthetic fuel technology that made the early German invasions of Europe possible
Nazi armaments chief Albert Speer was quoted in 1977 as saying that without this synthetic fuel technology, Hitler 'would never have considered invading Poland'.
Adolf Hitler is reported to have kept a photo of Henry Ford on his desk; Henry Ford built Hitler’s trucks and pushed Nazi propaganda through his car dealerships.
So who was actually fighting whom? Well it seems just about everybody very conveniently for the bankers and industrialists started bombing and shooting in a cash bonanza for the robber baron class and it has never really stopped since.
Its how it has come to be seen by me anyway, hope you found other bits of the film interesting :-)
The veil continues to lift. What I could not see for years is now hard to not notice.
ReplyDeleteThe thought has crossed my mind to use many of my history books as fire-starting material.
LOL better not destroy all the evidence that they have been having a bit of a laugh and the joke's been on us Scott...but truth will out, meanwhile we are writing tomorrow's history today so better keep it going somehow. :-)
ReplyDeleteAn interesting film , one of which does reveal a lot of history, much of it as the narrator implies is part of a great crime.
ReplyDeleteSadly, although Speer and his surviving colleagues made it to the dock at Nuremberg, not all of those who supplied the devices for the expansion of their horrible crimes received justice on this side of eternity. A distressing part of 20th Century history indeed, including that of whatever part certain big business played in the whole rise of totalitarian regimes past and present.