Total Truth Radio

Magic

1 Dec 2012

Situation Regarding Multiply from its Deathbed

I posted two videos on Multiply after midnight UK time and I could view them there. However, when I attempted to comment on the blog I'd just posted (the last blog on Multiply perhaps?) I could not regain entry to the site. I am attempting to connect to Multiply now and at 00.55 GMT, I get access slow but links working could watch a video ...It is painfully slow but still working I have just posted comments and opened my inbox. I wonder if this will be like HAL in 2001 Space Odyssey slowly winding down as Multiply is decommissioned. Death by a thousand cuts? Who knows?


12 comments:

  1. Multiply still working well at 01.15 GMT stilll playing videos leaving comments and posting blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they are waiting till all time zones enter into December. It is still November 30 here, 11:21 PM and I was just commenting on Multiply. I heard that we will be able to "read only" our sites till the end of December, but not sure if that was official or not.

      Delete
    2. Well we are well into 1 December and nothing that different about Multiply yet....it may be unwell but right now it is still not dead.....We await events Ms C :-)

      Delete
    3. I suppose read only is like the cyber equivalent of a headstone, we will be able to visit our killed off persona but it will always remain just out of reach, petrified thoughts and feelings cast into the eternity of the ocean of information where it is but an atom.

      Delete
  2. Maybe they were testing our loyalty? LOL Wouldn't that be funny? All those who stayed could continue to blog but no one else could join?? Hmmmm, well I was just there and just posted comments and a note, but I think eventually they will shut it off. The guy who does that probably doesn't work weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Testing our loyalty"....and if I understand you right we have passed that test and now we will inherit the promised land, a Multiply just for us and no one else...the perfect blog site, the envy of the blogosphere only available to those who kept the faith and who continued posting on 1 December 2012 ......Redemption Day has almost passed...I'm glad all the loyalty paid off Ms C.....Saved at Last!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes! Standing till the end has it's rewards. Multiply is all ours now!! We have inherited the land of milk and honey and all that :-))

      Well, ya know it will die slowly or suddenly, but it's kind of fun to imagine that they would let us stay, those who never left..... Maybe they wanted to free up room on their servers, so they SAID they were closing blogging and hoped that lots of people would leave........ or MAYBE, they realized without the bloggers, they would only have people who sold rocks and stones and pieces of string and no one is going to go to a site to buy such stuff. Why would they? They already have EBay lmao

      Delete
    3. I think if Margaret Atwood ran Multiply then that might have happened, we would all be in some sort of virtual Never Never Land? But to be more realistic we are just enjoying an Indian Summer I think. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts?

      Delete
  3. I think you're right AA; things on Multi will probably go down like the Jupiter expedition in the Kubrick movie--slowly and distressingly--personally I wish they would just cut the plug "terminate" my killed-off persona if we cannot comment and revise.

    "I'd like to further extend my remarks, Hal."

    "Sorry Dave."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have to continue defibbing Multiply with carefully aimed jolts at the corpse Doug ....stand back! ....zap...... you're turn, I'm sure you get the picturte , its a bit like squatting in a way I think

      Delete
    2. Serves them right if they can't turn us out, AA!

      Delete
  4. I cancelled my account with them about the 28th or 29th I think, having deleted everything from the site first. Didn't want stuff of mine still visible if I couldn't control and edit there. I think they are pigs.

    ReplyDelete