As the national polarisation over this song and whether the BBC will play it or not has forced the topic onto the Total Truth agenda. So as we run up to Margaret Thatcher's funeral next Wednesday, lets spare a thought for all her victims and join in the chorus for her anti-funeral.
May I join with millions across the land and say with our hands on heart:-
Margaret Thatcher the Iron Lady
may she
Rust in Peace!
Rust in peace huh? LOL
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteWe have never experienced this reaction to the death of a public figure in this country. No ones death has ever provoked this degree of jubilation from the general public. Generally speaking; the British public are respectful of the dead, even those they disagreed with in life, this whole 'the witch is dead' thing shows how exceptional the feelings against her are. And in view of these feelings, and the fact that we are all under financial pressure like never before, asking the public to foot the bill for her funeral seems like insult to injury.
I have a number of friends from the UK who gave me quite an education about Maggie when I asked. I had some idea of what she wrought, but the depth was a revelation to me. Not only from Labour or leftie Brits, but even from some conservative or Tory Brits. After what I have heard, I feel a bit like singing "Ding Dong" as well. Or as Elvis Costello said, Tramp the Dirt Down.
ReplyDeleteIn terms of paying for the funeral, doesn't the family generally pay the cost of a funeral? It could be bid out, you know.
I think it's about the cost of the level of security 'they' think is required Bennett. One wouldn't want a disaffected yokel upsetting the applecart with all those cameras about. Or that's how I heard it, anyhow. There may be more to the tale.
DeleteThe song just rocked my world AA.. Perhaps cremation would be more appropriate? The way things are going over there, her grave will surely be desecrated if in a public place... or do the Brits do such things? haha
ReplyDeleteI'm getting more fond of that song every day. And I second your sentiments. May she Rust in Hell.
ReplyDeletethis is a gardening blog I sometimes read, written by a (usually) non political gardener, interesting to read what he has to say about Thatcher, Have to admid I never thought of this particulatr legacy of hers before.
ReplyDeletehttp://noels-garden.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-vandal-in-park-margaret-thatcher.html
In the case of the controversy over reaction to Maggie Thatcher's funeral, I can only add that in her case her policies must have brought so many to ruin that the ordinary reticence of the British people does not apply.
ReplyDeleteThatcher apparently had considerable contempt for opponents; they y too have strong opinions and are not afraid to share them, even at a solemn time.
That lady pissed a lot of people off, of this I am certain.
Doug, I'm only gonna say this nicely because I'm on AA's page.
DeleteIf you're gonna block someone, then you should stop following them as well. Also, if you're gonna respond to me, you should respond to me and not under the cover of the coward politics2day. He, just like you, only respond to people after you know they can't respond back. Either have the courage of your convictions or shut your mouth.