This is one of the safe havens for bloggers shipwrecked by the sinking of the good ship Multiply.
I have been at this sight for almost 5 years and so far I have had no feedback whatsoever. It has not been a runaway success. Of course there are bound to be questions about just how safe this Haven is?
I'm not sure that all the submerged hazards are instantly obvious to the desperate shipwrecked mariners who find themselves washed up here. If anyone wants to hang out in the tavern and tell tall stories that sounds fine to me.
That inspired a song in me, an old favourite from years gone by, the tragic tale of Donegal Danny and his shipmates one way ticket to Davy Jones' Locker somewhere out Newfoundland way I think?
PS don't forget to give Google all your data so they can sell it as often as they like to anybody who wants it and then avoid paying any corporation tax on the profits. Nice one!
I don't know how this works
ReplyDeleteMaybe someone will find another venue that's more interactive than this one.
ReplyDeleteIt's complicated to get into your room here lol. Oh well..I got here all the same. I don't like how blogger works really but it feels like a safe place to leave my musings and then link them to another place like you suggested. I left you a reply on your comment to my post in case our notifications are not on to let you know that I saw you over there. Sheesh it reminds me of that old song, "I looked back to see if you looked back to see if I looked back to see if you were looking at me." LMAO.
ReplyDeleteI think my experiences here have been a bit similar to yours. I've had my page (for some reason much plainer than yours) for ages but until this week I've had had no comments, no visitors and no followers. Hence I was using it as an archival thing really. Do you know that everytime one ventures onto your page one is brought up short by a page insisting it might be dangerous to continue and I have to make a decision as to whether to beard you in your den (so to speak) or forget it and trot off to some inane page elsewhere. Therefore I'm thinking you should be impressed that I am here, complete with my spell checker even!
ReplyDeleteHi Iri....it was very brave of you to venture past the warning and alight upon my site in the hope nothing awful will happen. I have the warning that there is 'adult' content here because I don't want kids venturing on to my site which is not intended for children. I am indeed impressed that you made it here, I haven't got a spell checker (I suppose witches need these more than most people?)...how did you manage to get one? Even more impressed now!
ReplyDeleteHa, I have been here three years and have 4 open followers and one anonymous follower who is really the only one who comments (the Professor). I think in order to get followers, you have to venture out and about and read and follow other blogs. If you fill out a profile and put your interests on it, you can click on them to find others who have the same interests. I've never really ventured out much because I only wrote here for the sake of writing my ramblings and other stuff. One thing I do like is that you can have more than one blog under one name. One can be open for the public, one can be for just friends if you have anything you want to keep private. But there is not PRIVATE message ability so if you write on a private blog, everyone who you have invited gets to read it. That's ok though, it keeps me from misbehaving :-)
ReplyDeleteI never misbehave so this must be the site for me Ms MindStorm
ReplyDeleteI found my way here.............and once more... I'm impressed, I've no idea how you did all this, I didn't know blogger could be used like this. I seem to be in the same position as you...........I've had my site for a few years, used it as a sort of 'back up', although not very effectively because I've had to start backing up all over again. I've had no comments and no followers and now all of a sudden, because Multiply is closing its doors, evicting us, and burning all the possessions we leave behind, people are starting to follow me here her and leave comments. I'm quite hopeful for this site. It takes ages to find people, but once you do, I think you can do loads more with this site than any other site.
ReplyDeleteThanks again for the encouragement Loretta...I hope we can establish ourselves here and then we won't miss Multiply which is apparently going to be hacked by Anonymous next month in some sort of cyber attack, or so it is rumoured anyway...exciting isn't it!
DeleteI'll nip over to your blog now for a reciprocal visit :-)