Total Truth Radio

Magic

13 Dec 2007

Khajuraho Erotic Carvings

 NEW PICTURES POSTED 21 September 2012


PLEASE CLICK ON PICTURES




























These few images are from my recent visit to the 1,000 year old temple complex at Khajuraho, Madyha Pradesh, India. The carvings are incredible and depict all sorts of sexual activity not flinching at masturbation or even bestiality. They speak of another time when the social mores were very much different to the India of today. I have seen much sexual imagery in the form of phalic stone lingams representing Shiva and stone iron female yonis festooned with flowers elswhere on the Indian sub-continent, but nowhere is sexual union so graphically and finely depicted as in Khajuraho.












7 comments:

  1. My my, should I blush? :-) Nice pictures AA. Is there any place in the world you have not visited?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms C, blushing is allowed if the stonework grabs you that way.....there are unfortunately a lot of places I have never been though, Florida is one of them, alas :-(

      Delete
  2. I flew over Miami a couple of times but I don't think that counts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pardon me for being a "film nerd", AA, but I was thinking this very temple was the spot where Judy Davis (as Miss Quisted) ventured out to see "shocking" images of love-making in stone in the David Lean film "Passage to India", based of course on Forster's novel. I couldn't locate the scene on You Tube but I'll bet it is.
    And I've been to Miami: never saw anything like these sculptures, even at the University of Same in near-by Coral Gables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could well be the same place Doug, I haven't seen the film, but there aren't many other places like Khajaraho anywhere else on earth that I know of.

    I have put a few more pictures on, I hadn't realised there are so few on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And very well composed pictures they are.

    I can see why this is your most well visited blogs, AA. Never saw anything like this at the Santa Clara County Fair back in the day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Doug they certainly knew how to draw the crowds, but then again I suppose Santa Clara County Fair must get a few visitors too. It must be a matter of what expectations attendees have I think Doug, I don't suppose there is a let's have sex with a donkey stall at Santa Clara though is there?... So we may not be comparing like with like here.... or so it strikes me anyway Doug :-).

      Delete